So, people keep telling me that multitasking is an effective management technique, and I keep insisting that it isn’t. When one thing has your attention, you’re not paying attention to the other things on your plate. Until now I’ve never had an effective demonstration.
It took me awhile to track down legitimate embed code for this game, but I did find it, on Hybrid Arcade. This game is composed of four, incredibly simple games that require minimal skill to be able to play.
The catch is, you have to play them all at once.
Try this out! If you like, you can provide your score in the comments section. It would be great if you could offer your thoughts relating the responses you just put into the game to concurrent demands for your attention at work!
Play Free Addicting Games
|Possible lines of thinking:
1) What could you feel happening to your attention as each game was added?
2) How much of your attention was spent intentionally making decisions vs. purely reacting the longer the game played out?
3) If you tried the game multiple times, did you change your strategy?
4) What happened to the quality of your attention as the game progressed?
5) What other feedback do you have?
You can thank @saslockey for the poll suggestion. Boys or girls? Who’s it going to be? Remember that Santa Claus knows if you lied with your answer.